Three landlord organizations petitioned the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on Tuesday, looking to reverse Governor Tom Wolf’s Executive Order that extends a moratorium on evictions across the Commonwealth. The May 7th Order postponed eviction proceedings for financial reasons for another sixty days until July 10th. The organizations, including the Pennsylvania Residential Owners Association (PROA), of which Hapco Philadelphia is the largest member organization, say rental property owners’ are being wrongly denied access to the courts, arguing that the governor overstepped his legal authority. The Court’s response is due within ten days. Stay with Hapco Philadelphia for the latest developments when they happen.
- Gov. Wolf Modifies Executive Order on Eviction Suspensions
- Video: Hapco Board Members Testify before City Council
- Hapco to City Council: Avoid “Recipe For Disaster”
- Even If You Don’t Qualify for a PPP Loan, These Credits May Apply
- Pennsylvania Landlords Take Gov. Wolf’s 60-day Eviction Hold To Court