Hapco Philadelphia’s Board Members are urging Philadelphia City Council to oppose a package of bills that would disincentivize tenants from paying their rent. Hapco’s 1st Vice President Victor Pinckney and Board Member Robert Levin sent a letter to Councilmembers Monday calling the proposals “ill-advised” and “unconstitutional”. The letter highlights a real-life example of how an eviction moratorium could cost landlords their livelihoods and create the next housing crisis. Read the article in Bloomberg Businessweek here. Read the letter to City Council here.
- Gov. Wolf Modifies Executive Order on Eviction Suspensions
- Video: Hapco Board Members Testify before City Council
- Hapco to City Council: Avoid “Recipe For Disaster”
- Even If You Don’t Qualify for a PPP Loan, These Credits May Apply
- Pennsylvania Landlords Take Gov. Wolf’s 60-day Eviction Hold To Court